Sunday, March 8, 2015

Article of the Week Impressions 6/3/15

In my opinion, this gallery walk was our most productive yet.  I was able hear about nearly everyone’s current issue, and it seems as though we all branched out more.  Confidence is gained every week, and I personally feel more at ease describing my topic now.  I’m also finding that it runs more smoothly.  Although I wish we had more time to get to everyone’s, the time constraint adds pressure and helps me think quickly (or rather, speak).  Overall, I just like seeing where people's interests lie.

In terms of branching out, I saw different news sources, more in-depth articles, and more controversial topics.  ISIS was rightfully present of course, and the interesting side effects of the group.  Hearing about the young women who are attempting to 'befriend' ISIS is really scary; but would also make an interesting study on human behavior.  And although 'The Dress' has become a dull topic (it never was that exciting in the first place), it was enlightening to hear about the science behind the ephemeral color scheme.   

There was a nice mix of psychical/tangible issues and psychological issues.  Athziry's article about teen suicide and its influence has to do greatly with the (inter)national psyche.  On the other hand, learning about Obama allowing air strikes was a psychical issue, and will have psychical repercussions. Both are equally devastating. 

In the future, I hope to see everyone gain more confidence in choosing a topic that actually interests them, and that they enjoy talking about.  

Comments: EmilyNadrianCitlalli

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you when you said, "it seems as though we all branched out more. " This week, I've seen a lot of different articles, and it actually surprised me. I also agree with you, when you said, "In the future, I hope to see everyone gain more confidence in choosing a topic that actually interests them, and that they enjoy talking about. " In fact in the last two gallery walks, I've only chosen articles that revolved around ISIS. However, that's not really what I wanted to talk about. Especially since everyone else had the same topic. Therefore, this time I chose an article that I myself wanted to talk about. Overall, great blog post this week!

    ReplyDelete