Friday, February 20, 2015

Article of the Week Reflections 20/2/15

Most of us are aware of these current world events taking place, but our level of understanding varies.  I find these gallery walks to be very important and beneficial to our worldview.  There's quite a difference (and ultimately, a blurred line) between knowing about an event and understanding one.  Everyone can pour out their bias after a brief news segment, but thinking critically and understanding not only what is going on but what causes these events is where true world knowledge lies. In the future, it will become more and more important to stay up to date and well informed; but interestingly, I think that task will become increasingly difficult.  There's little need to say why.  Also, understanding conflicts will help in combatting them, and perhaps even solving them.

In the future, I hope we can all branch out more in topic selections and truly find where our interest lies.  I think I've found a few topics that I'd love to learn more about, which is important.  Obviously, this isn't everyone's cup of tea and I understand apathy.  I really do.  But I'm trying to break free of mine (trying to rid myself of all things Nietzsche and Sartre), so keeping up to date is a personal goal. I also hope to see little-known topics being brought up, because those can be equally devastating to world peace. Conversation about our topics, and not just brief summaries, would also be of a great benefit.  But either is equally..cool.

1 comment:

  1. I like your statement about having conversations about "our topics." How should we structure these? Please share your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete