Monday, February 2, 2015

AoW Impressions 2/2/15

At this time in our lives, learning about current events is one of the most important things we can do.  It certainly broadens my perspective, and I hopefully become more enriched and cultured.  On a less self-centered scale, knowing what's going on in the world will help bring change.  Because of these reasons, and a few more, I'm really impressed with what everyone shared on Friday.  The broad range of topics (climate change to social justice, from neurology to the state of coral reefs) were fascinating, and I could see that nearly everyone had a good time sharing and experiencing.  Personally, being able to share my interests to people my own age is a rare and exciting activity.  In the future, I hope to see our class become more comfortable with sharing, and find out what most interests us.  

Because this should've been two paragraphs, I'll talk about what I learned from the showcased articles.  I particularly enjoyed Emily's article, because it wasn't a go-to or a topic that is widely discussed in the news.  Neuroscience is dark and mysterious, and the article she chose helped clear up suspicions and doubts.  Well I'd already believed gender exists on a spectrum, but now there is evidence to support that claim.  I'm very happy the class was able to hear about it.  As always, ISIL updates are scary but fascinating.  So rarely does televised go into detail or tell an objective story, so hearing multiple articles from different sources was very important to me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment