Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Time Travel Interview

Prompt:  Interview


Q:  Where would you go?
A: Area 51
A: Futuristic America/Western World
A: Berlin, Germany
A: Victorian England
A: Pre-Biblical Times/Before the Great Flood
A: Existentialist  and Surrealist France (art and literature movement)
A: London/Manchester

Q:  To which year or period would you travel?
A: 1947, post-war
A: Post-capitalism/industrialism.  Perhaps around 2500, if we survived that long. 
A: November 9, 1989
A: 1870-1910
A: Over a couple thousand years ago
A: 1920's-30's
A:  1977-1985

Q:  Who would you want to meet or what event would you want to witness?
A: I would want to witness the Roswell Alien Landing.  Undoubtedly, I'd have to stay hidden so talking to a government official there is out of the question. 
A: Because our society is so materialistic and money-run, I'd kill to see a society that focuses on more important and lasting issues and ideas.  Therefore, seeing the fall of capitalism and all of its corrupt side effects would be astonishing. 
A: The start of the destruction of the Berlin Wall...
A: I would want to witness the daily life of a wealthy Victorian family and see what mannerisms and traditions they keep, and how they compare to my daily life.  Of course, Oscar Wilde lived during that time so I would have to meet and hopefully talk with him.  
A: Although I am not religious, if I had to wish for three things (and three things only), this is the time period I would look back to.  Or at least, one of the many.  Seeing the time before the "Great Flood" or Noah's Ark is definitely in my top three. 
A: There are many artists and writers who I would love to meet and hold a conversation with during this period.  To name a few: Magritte, Albert Camus, Jean Paul Sartre, and André Breton. 
A;  The punk scene!  And, for those of you who know me pretty well you know of course, the start of post-punk and dark wave music.  People I would like to meet include (but are not limited to): Johnny Rotten, Darby Crash, Sid Vicious, Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Ian Curtis, Malcolm Mclaren, etc.

Q:  Where would you find this person or see this event?
A: Roswell, New Mexico
A:  In whatever America's new capital is, assuming there is still an America.  Although this is highly unlikely. 
A: I would go maybe not to the center of the mass hysteria, but watch the destruction of the Berlin Wall from West Berlin. 
A: London, England.  I would probably find Oscar Wilde in an underground establishment, something off the radar if you know what I'm getting at. 
A: I have no idea of the exact whereabouts of where all the lore and mystery surrounding this time are, but I would have to guess it would be somewhere in the Middle East.  Definitely, in a desert.  
A: France, specifically Paris in a library or another underground establishment.  In a café is where I most likely find the authors I enjoy so much.
A:  To Manchester and London.  To be more specific, the Hacienda music venue, the Lesser Free Trade Hall in Manchester, and all around the streets of London. 

Q:  Why would you want to meet this person or witness this event?
A: There is an unlimited amount of conspiracy enveloping this event, that a first hand account would be extremely valuable, not that I would sell and out and tell anyone.  My fascination with the extra-terrestrial and well-kept secrets has been going strong since my very early years. If I could uncover just one concealed truth (or myth), I would feel extremely accomplished.  Who knows, maybe I'll be abducted.  I wouldn't mind.  
A: Because I think our system is outdated, and radical change will not take place soon enough, I want to see how this exponentially increasing problem is resolved.  Even if it isn't resolved, I would still have fact to base my opinions off of, and change in my time would be easier to create. 
A:  The Fall was such an iconic event that having a story from the demolishing would place this travel in high value.  The destruction also goes along with many of my beliefs, so I would feel invigorated and perhaps be inspired to make a change in my own life.
A: I think the time period is so fabricated and glossed over that to uncover a truth about the lifestyle would be unique and priceless.  Oscar Wilde and I, in my belief, would hopefully enjoy each others company.  Or at least, the enjoyment would be one-sided.  
A:  With all the lore and myth, there must be "some magic" in that time period.  Because there really isn't well known scientific fact about this prehistorical era, and because religion is sometimes is downward spiral into feelings getting hurt and wars raged.  Finding things out for myself is one of my favorite pastimes, and that is what would have to be done.  Out of all of these events, this be the most adventurous, but the most challenging. 
A:  Existentialist literature and surrealist art go hand in hand.  Currently, I've been reading so many works and studying so many pieces of art that tie in to the subject that being able to meet these masters of their art would not only further my knowledge and understanding of my beliefs, but would inspire me.  All of the pioneers of this movement lived "alternative" lifestyles and were idiosyncratic individuals, something I aspire to have. 
A:  Punk is just about the best youth movement of the last centuries, and my dream has always been to be on the edge of a movement.  Some of the songwriters in this era have inspired me in my writing, and there lyrics with literature and cultural allusions have opened new doors to my gaining knowledge.  I'd really want to know their reasoning for why they participated in the events they did.  And of course, I'd like to participate in protests. 
Q:  How might YOU change history?
A: Haha.

1 comment:

  1. I was always interested in Victorian families, they always seemed fancy and elegant. Are you going to Area 51 during the Cold War? I would imagine the future america pounded with war against Russia and Iraq. In the other hand the United States could also be a utopian society or possibly involved with a third world war. Would you stay for the fall of the Soviet Union in the year 1991. Great Blog Post.

    ReplyDelete