Monday, February 24, 2014

How My Blogging Has Been Improved

Current book: Eleanor & Park 

After reading my earlier blogs, and then my latest blogs, I realized a few things.  One of the most prominent things was word choice.  Over the past few weeks I have tried focusing on my diction, and I think (hope) my blog has improved in that way.  In earlier blogs, I found that my writing was less appealing to a larger audience, which I'm fine with, but blogging has helped me connect with an audience through writing.  Probably one of the most important things I have improved upon is shortening run-on sentences.

A favorite post of mine is back when I was reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.  It was the first time in my "blogging career" that I'd got carried away with my writing, in a good way.  As the weeks progress, I often find myself wanting to write more than the three paragraph requirement, usually, I do.  There are a few things I want to continue working one throughout the rest of the year.  As always, one of those things is word choice.  I think you can never have too broad of a vocabulary, and so I hope to broaden mine.  Another thing is staying on topic, because I often rant a bit or just get bored and move on. Finally, one other thing I think I should work on is adding more to my blogs than just talking about the book for the whole three paragraphs.

Part of a blog I'm proud of 

No comments:

Post a Comment