Friday, May 1, 2015

Tuesdays With Morrie ~ Inspiration

Prompt: Of the six 'Tuesdays' you have read so far, which had the most impact on you and/or inspired you?

Perhaps I am too cynical, or have just read far too many similar books, but Tuesdays has been somewhat of a 'mindless' read.  I don't mean to sound insensitive, or purposefully cold, I just mean it has not inspired anything out of me as of yet.  However, there was one section that did provoke meaningful thought.  Emotions.

I've always somewhat avoided my emotions.  Rather, they've intimidated me.  Often, I take in more emotions than I can handle, and that leads to avoidance.  That being said, Morrie's quotes on "detaching from an emotion" were confusing at first.  There are so many conflicting philosophies on handling and taking in emotions.  Should I yield to them in order to 'live' fully, or should I strive for a command over them?  I suppose Morrie added another layer to this debate, although he simplified it in a more meaningful way.

I don't think I should drag this one out.  The author of Tuesdays does a great job of being concise, which makes the meaning stand out more.  I hope to improve my writing by dragging on less, because I've seen, and felt the impact brevity can have.

Comments: Autumn, to be continued,

No comments:

Post a Comment