Sunday, December 14, 2014

To Kill a Mockingbird ~ Found Poetry

"Mr. Nathan Radley"*
Come out on the porch...

Reading the Bible -
Scared him pale, though.

Radley's posture was ramrod straight
Word was his bond
reading the Bible.

Old, a foot-washing Baptist
Hankerin' after Heaven as he went by
Going to Hell -
reading the Bible.

Anything's that pleasure is a sin
What secrets...
Burn right with me

Mr Radley was dying,
What he did was his own business


the house died. 

A peril of everlasting torment
A sad house

Mr Radley
reading the Bible
worse than whiskey in the hand of...











2 comments:

  1. I chose Mr. Nathan Radley because he is a mysterious character, most poetry written by people my age is dramatized and mysterious, so I thought I'd endeavor into that. I found that the minor characters were overlooked in these poems, so literal poetic justice was served...? As for where I was going with this poem...well I want it to be a progression of loss and because these poems were supposed to be about something pertaining to beliefs, I made it so Mr. Radley's beliefs got in his way. Which is quite canonical with the book, if that's how you look at the man. A belief of mine is that poetry should not only sound nice, but look nice too. So, the placement of the drawing of Nathan Radley pushing the words is used to contrast with the phrase "his posture is ramrod straight". An amateur attempt at symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ha ha nice u got kik

    ReplyDelete