Tuesday, May 13, 2014

40 Book Challenge - Update and Reflection

Books read: 34/40 *not including 350+ paged books, because then I would already have a little over 45 books read)

My reflections aren't typically the subject of my writing, but to do my accomplishment of 34 books (and counting) justice, I'd like to note this year's "40 Book Challenge".  A seemingly daunting task, and most likely one that would scare away a narrow-minded individual.  I was cautious at the beginning too, as I'm sure many of my classmates were; however, we all knew this would at least be beneficial.  Some said they didn't want to rush through their novels, which was a noble state-of-mind.  However, I can never refuse a good challenge, especially of the literary nature.  

So there I was, at the very beginning of seventh grade.  By then, my mind wasn't dwelling on the sheer number of books to read, but of what books could I read.  I'd heard we could count 350+ paged books as two or even more, but that was a total cop-out in my conscience.  I believe I started with Feed a sci-fi novel, and at the time, my go-to genre.  Now I have read a great and terrible variety of volumes, and even found possibly my favorite book of all-time.  Before the Challenge, I was struggling with an inner battle, filled with sleepless nights and lost friends.  This was the battle of what my favorite book was.  You were warned in the beginning of my blog (another beneficiary) that I take my novels seriously...  The Picture of Dorian Gray has gently influenced its way into my soul.  Back to the beginning, although its almost the end.  I started out slowly. building up my stamina if you will.  Soon, I was reading a book a day, or on a rainy day, multiple.  

I could go on forever about all of the magnificent novels I have read this past school-year, but I'd absolutely, utterly hate to be long-winded.  So check out my past blogs for my feelings on the numerous novels I've read, and my sarcasm. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You read a lot this year. I bet if you probably counted the ones with 350 pages, you would have reached 40! I like how you were honest with your opinion.

    ReplyDelete